We can’t selectively numb emotion. Numb the dark and you numb the light.
- Brené Brown, Daring Greatly (via thatkindofwoman)
There’s nothing wrong with not understanding yourself.
- Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (via saintofsass)
Aren’t we all waiting to be read by someone, praying that they’ll tell us that we make sense?
- Rudy Francisco (via saintofsass)
She scares the hell out of me and calms my soul at the same time. Maybe that’s what love is—a total contradiction that somehow balances out.
- Tammara Webber, Where You Are (via natashakills)
We made love when it was time for bed. We went to sleep when it was time to get up.
- Scottie Waves (via saintofsass)
Usually when we hear or read something new, we just compare it to our own ideas. If it is the same, we accept it and say that it is correct. If it is not, we say it is incorrect. In either case, we learn nothing.
- Thích Nhất Hạnh (via purplebuddhaproject)